Sunday 29 April 2012

Threading Your Way ~ Quilting and Patchwork ~ Link Party

Welcome to the eighteenth edition of Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way. Each ongoing, themed link party is steadily growing into a resource full of ideas and inspiration.

Remember, these linkys are ongoing, so you can continue to add projects throughout the year. Add as many projects as you would like.

Our eighteenth linky for 2012 is everything Quilting and Patchwork. Making my first quilt is on my To Do list for this year, so I'm on the lookout for ideas to inspire and help me. Your projects may be full sized quilts, but you can also link up smaller projects.

Quilting and Patchwork
Link up any family friendly posts that you have written on quilting or patchwork. Your posts might (but don't have to) include any of the following:
  • how you made it
  • tutorials
  • photos
  • pattern reviews
  • tips for making
  • what you learnt
As long as YOU have made it, link it up and show it off. Link up as many posts on Quilting and Patchwork, as you would like. Come back through the year and add more.

Guidelines for linking up:
  • Each post needs to be about quilting or patchwork.
  • Link to a specific post (not the home page of your blog).
  • No direct links to shops or giveaways.
The fine print:
  • By linking up, you are giving me permission to use one of your photos in a feature. I will, of course, link back to your post, giving you full credit.
  • By linking up, you are giving me permission to pin your post to Pinterest. I pin all features to Pinterest, unless you specifically request me not to.
  • By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post on social media - FacebookTwitterGoogle+
If you'd like:
  • Subscribe to Threading My Way (GFC, RSS, Linky Followers, email), to keep up to date, to see if you've been featured and to know when the next themed party starts.
  • Grab a button to spread the word about Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way and put it somewhere on your blog. 
  • Visit some of the other links. Everyone loves comments.
I usually post Features each Saturday on Threading My Way




I look forward to seeing your quilting and patchwork...

Master list of ongoing link parties at Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way 



Master list of ongoing link parties at Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way 
  1. Bags and Totes
  2. Dresses for Girls
  3. Dresses for Women
  4. Hair Accessories
  5. Pillows and Cushions
  6. Boys' Clothes
  7. Skirts for Girls
  8. Aprons and Art Smocks
  9. Purses, Clutches, Pouches
  10. Dolls' Clothes
  11. Women's Skirts
  12. Baby Clothes and Accessories
  13. Children's Tops and Shirts
  14. Women's Tops and Shirts
  15. Softies, Dolls, Toys
  16. Sewing Tips and Techniques
  17. Sewing with stretch fabric
  18. Quilting and Patchwork
  19. Embroidery, Stitching and Appliqué
  20. Jackets, Coats, Raincoats, Ponchos
  21. Hats, Bonnets, Beanies and Scarves
  22. Pants, Shorts, Trousers for Children
  23. Drawstring Bags and Fabric Baskets
  24. Pretend Dress Up Clothes
  25. Clothes for Men
  26. Kitchen Accessories
  27. Swimwear
  28. Sleepwear
  29. Gift Wrapping
  30. Electronic Gadget Covers and Cases
  31. Blog Tips
  32. Refashioning with Denim
  33. Pants for Women
  34. Sewing Accessories
  35. Home Decor
  36. Sewing Tutorials Pages
  37. Sewing Spaces
  38. Sewing for Charity
  39. Fabric Baskets
  40. Reusing Shirts & Ties
... Pam

21 comments:

  1. The cactus wall rug, was made when i was 16, and ill in bed. At that time Handcraft materials were not easy to find, and my mother washed a Jutah sack for me and i got cuts of old clothes and embroidered Cactus plants on shelves. The name of the post is "What Does This Cloth... Remind you of?
    I am sorry Pam the photo of the 2 vests was too big , i am not sure how to repair that ,,,
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great resource Pam. I'm planning on trying my first quilt this year, so will be back to look through the entries to get some tips!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and making me aware of this great idea. A wonderful resource for crafters of many persuasions. I have become your newest followers (am also another Aussie - living in Ballarat, Vic). Thanks for pinning my tutorial. I would like to facebook a link to your site. Hope you don't mind.

    Cheers,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this post.. been so busy.. but just now linked up. :) Enjoying the linkies. Happy Weekend to you Pam!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt [no 20] is made by the fiber artist Linda Baron from Israel. it`s name is Lahash- Nahash in Hebrew or
    "Flash of the Evil Eye" in English.
    The size 1,23 X 87 cm, hand quilted & embroidered.
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to connect a link to my new post about the QUILT ARTIST Linda Bar-On , but the thingy won`t accept it, thus i invite all of you to go to
    http://differentart.org/2012/06/25/לינדה-בר-און-תעש-בחפץ-כפיה/
    and enjoy the 7 quilt pictures i put there ,
    on the upper left side there is a Google translator button
    it might look a bit funny in English but you can look at the pics
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had more directions for the "Mosaic Quilt of Dad."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your message. I was able to create the pattern and what shades of fabrics to use in my PC using Tammie Bowser's mosaic quilt software. I used black and white because my Dad's picture was in black and white but colored fabrics are also good. It will probably take me months to come up with instructions especially with the fabric selection(considering I work full-time) but here is the link to Tammie Bowsers' website. http://quiltedphoto.com/. She offers free online classes on mosaic quilting. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply. Sending me to Tammie's site led me to a few more directions @ http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/photo-quilt/index.html . This does seem to be a very detail & complex process. Kudos to you for making your wonderful quilt of your Dad.

      Delete
  8. Pam !! Did you put Linda`s quilt in? or did the `Linky thing` do it after all ,, Thank you Thank the linky thing. and all of you are invited to see the other works on my blog.
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, I found this category and I said to myself that I could add my crazy quilt clothespin bag. Hope you like this project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, I just realized that I have not added my flannel baby quilt , so I upload it here. I will also make the link from my blog to here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog and especially for inviting me to join this link party! I was just thinking this week that there are not enough sewing only link parties, so I was delighted to find you! I've bookmarked this page so I can add more projects as I get them finished. Thanks!
    Jessica @ A Humble Creation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you added your quilts, Jessica. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

      Delete
  12. Hi Pam, I added a table topper that I did a few days ago.
    Have a nice day!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful place to share. I'm so excited to have found this. I can't wait to look around. Thank you for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An ongoing linky list is a brilliant idea! Thanks for hosting - I'm off to check out all the other pages now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam, I started to add a link - couldn't load a pic so tried again & it won't accept it - so not sure whats happened - feel free to delete this, or the link & I can redo. - great list of links here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, I've deleted one link, but left the other. Who knows what happened, but there's a pic there now. I look forward to reading your post.

      Delete

  16. When my boyfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago..

    I did everything to get my boyfriend back but nothing worked.

    I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

    I told the relationship doctor everything,

    He promised to fix my relationship problem.

    I am the happiest lady on earth right now,

    Never too late to fix your broken heart.

    You can still get your lover back...

    Fix broken relationship/marriage...

    My relationship was restored as promised,

    My Ex-boyfriend came back,

    He promised never to leave me again

    Everything happened just in 3 days..

    I RECOMMEND YOU TO __________________

    Thanks Robinsonbuckler11 (@) gmail com

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    Doris Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting such a great linkup. I really like the idea of having the project types divided and having the linkup be year long. This is my first visit to your site, the first I've heard of it really. I found a link to the linkup via another post that I found on a different linkup. I can't wait to poke around and look at what everyone else is posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.