Friday 12 April 2013

Crafty Cooks Apron Swap...


In March, I signed up for the Crafty Cooks Apron Swap, run by Fiona, from Celtic Thistle Stitches and Sam, from A Cup of Tea and a Slice of Cake. If you've been reading Threading My Way for a while, you may recall that I have said I don't cook, as Mr TMW does all the cooking, so you may wonder why I am participating in an apron swap. Well, I have started to cook again and my aim is to produce something edible once a week. 



With the exception of the waist and tie, the fabric is Flea Market Fancy, by Denise Schmidt. The apron is reversible, but I forgot to take photos of the other side, so that will be a surprise, partner.


I used the following two tutorials, adding a little extra to the width. I hope it's a good fit.


Everyone in the group stressed that they wanted a favourite tried and tested recipe. My repertoire is rather small, but tucked inside is a tried and tested, failsafe recipe. If I can make it, anyone can!!!


Your apron has already been posted, partner and is on its way. I do hope you like it!

I'll be adding this apron to the Apron and Art Smocks link party here on Threading My Way.

... Pam

17 comments:

  1. Stunning Pam! Your swap partner will love it! Flea market fancy is such a lovely range. I'd love to get some more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look like not just an ordinary apron, for me it is also a skirt. A very fashionable apron skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pam! This is a beautiful apron!
    Silvana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful apron! I love the DS print.:) So...what's the failsafe recipe?;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, this apron is just too pretty! maybe too pretty to cook in lol (remember my mom's garden apron LOL)

    I love the fabric combo!!! very chic!

    Oh and I was once again so touched that you (again) commented on so many of my projects, it is truly heart warming to have someone appreciate what i do who isnt a friend or family member!

    I appreciate it so very much.

    I have been busy creating these few days and so you will have a few projects to look at again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. and btw, i love how your blog is laid out! with all the different categories up top. I am trying to get my blog to behave how i want it to, but u know how that is, they know me, but i dont know them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's lovely, and how generous of you to use your FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely!! As always, I love your fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous apron Pam, I am sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam, thank you so much! I received your lovely parcel today and I was crossing my fingers when I opened it and it was my favourite apron with the most wonderful flea market fancy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I will blog about it tomorrow and send you the link!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous apron Pam, I had my fingers crossed! Cathy is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great. I love that it is reversible. Thank you for sharing! I’d love to have you visit me at Get Your Crap Together! We have a Pattern Party with free patterns from the 1st of the month to the 10th that I’d love for you to check out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fabric you chose for this apron! It is so pretty. :) I would love for you to come and share these on our Much Ado About Monday link party.

    http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/04/much-ado-about-monday-no-6.html

    Hope to see you there,
    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Apron Pam!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never stopped wearing [and making ] aprons even when most of friends stopped wearing them. They have saved loads of clothes.
    Love this apron love the swap aprons idea ,,,,,
    p.s. i made a Fiberart apron that relates to a certain cook book which was printed in Israel in the 1960s ,,,, with a strange text.
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a sucker for aprons and I am crushing on this one!!! Great job! I hope you will come link up to The CSI Project this week. The challenge is sewing. You can link up to 3 projects. Winners will be chosen by our guest judge.
    Come on over!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's adorable Pam!! I LOVE aprons and this one is perfect! Great job, as always.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.