Tuesday 23 October 2012

3/4 Pants...

How cute is this Michael Miller Flower Crystals fabric? Perfect for a pair of 3/4 pants for a little girl.

Once again, I've used Butterick B5019. After trying on the full length refashioned pants I made using this pattern, I've gone down a size this time. I should have known this last time, as I find Butterick patterns to be on the large size.
Image source

I've only used B5019 for the pattern pieces, so I can't comment on the instructions that come with the pattern.

I made three changes to the original pattern, by adding:
  • inseam pockets, from the Mud Puddle Splashers pattern
  • ribbon trim on the legs
  • an extra 1/2" turnover on the waistband with an extra line of stitching added at the top
I'm fairly confident these pants will have the pink and girlie seal of approval, especially since the little recipient chose the fabric herself from her mother's stash.

I'm adding these pants to the Children's Pants Link Party.

... Pam

17 comments:

  1. These are super cute and I am sure there will be squeals of delight! The ribbon trim is a nice touch and is just the right width against the bold print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ardoable.. I love the splashes of brown as well.. makes them not quite as 'pink'.. not that pink is a bad thing!
    I hope the little lady they are for loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Pam, she will be one smart young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, perfect for a girly girl with out being over the top PINK.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pants! How great is that you added pockets! I'm so sure the little girl will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet. I love sewing for children. I will have to get this pattern next time Butterick goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job! They are really cute and practical! Wish I knew how to make pockets like that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable! Such great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fabric choice. These are darling pants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pants Pam! - you're right, it is beautiful fabric!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the satin on the bottom. Great detail. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that fabric is too cute! And the ribbon trim is the perfect accent down at the bottom. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.