Wednesday 8 February 2012

Project Recycle ~ Week 1 Entry...



Voting is over for the first round of Project Recycle, so now I can show you my entry.


Week 1 ~ Project Recycle...

Here's what I began with:
  • a black, cotton jacket
  • an adult's halter neck baby doll top


The adult's baby doll top was easily turned into a shirred dress to fit a child, by cutting off the top of the dress, adding extra shirring, altering the halter neck strap and reattaching as four ties.

The fabric flower was made with a facing from the jacket, left over fabric from the baby doll top and a button from the jacket. The striped edge on the flower, was originally the bias tape on the edge of the facing. A hair clip has been added to the back, so it can be worn either in the hair or attached to either the dress or the bag.


The outer part of the bag was cut from a piece of the jacket which included the pocket. A remnant from another sewing project was used for the lining and the jacket belt became the bag handle.

There you have it, a cute, little outfit, that effectively, cost nothing to make.

The bloomers below were not entered into the competition, but I have made them to go with the outfit. They are made from the same fabric as the lining of the bag.



Voting has begun for Round Two. Again, I can't tell you which one is mine. Head on over, take a look and vote for your favourite.


... Pam

Edited to add: Voting has closed for Round Two. I've made it to Round Three... yayyy!!!!

Don't forget to check out our ongoing themed link parties at  Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way.

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Good luck in Round 2 Pam, I have cast my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute little purse, I love it!! Well done.
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute little dress and purse! And the bloomers are the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? Wow,...how adorable. What a creative mind. As you know, I have some real difficulties with sewing so wow, this is so impressive and beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoooHooo, I got it right!! I LOVE this little dress and purse. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the one I voted for..Yeah!!!!!! Congratulations, Pam! I love the dress with that little bag. You are a genious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I could remember which one I thought was yours! Great idea Pam! I've voted in round two, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for making it through! This is a great dress and purse. It looks like I missed out on voting for the second round, so good luck! I have my guess as to which is yours though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Pam! I voted for your project in round 1!! I'm off to vote for round 2!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is too cute! I would love for you stop by and link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are amazing creations! Would love for you to stop by and link up to the Tuesday To Do Party (if you haven't already.) Also, the Pretty Packages Party is going on & I would love for you to share any creative gifts, packages or party favor ideas!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-part-49-and-48-list.html

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/pretty-packages-party-12.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say, your entry was the most beautiful and I voted for you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is lovely! I never thought of making a bag out of a jacket...must go see what jackets I have lying around now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings,

    Good luck with round three! I love how you transformed the ladies top into a girl's sundress...lovely! The matching clip and purse are adorable. Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. I will have to keep this in mind next time I am at the thrift store. Great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you shared this at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Impressive! So glad that you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday~

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's the cutest little dress! Great transformation.
    Thanks for linking up at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.