Friday 18 November 2011

Faith, Hope, Love Skirt...


Here's my latest outfit, created with another pattern from Create HOPE Designs. It's the Faith, Hope and Love Skirt. There are three variations of the skirt within the one pattern. I chose the easiest of the three. Next time, I think I might make the one with ruffles. Skirts don't get any easier than this. The pattern contains easy to follow, detailed instructions and would be a good project for someone new to sewing. The floral fabric I've used, is Party Dress by Mo Bedell.

Create Hope Designs

The Faith, Hope and Love skirt pattern, costing only $5US, has been created by Red Thread Stitches, one of ten women who have donated their patterns to Create HOPE Designs. The pattern is quick and easy to follow, fitting sizes 1 to 6 years of age. There are lots of photos included with the clear and easy to follow instructions.


The floral fabric was just perfect for using as a quick appliqué on a t-shirt.



Kristy, over at Hopeful Threads, is having a fun sew-along for the month of November, using patterns purchased from Create HOPE Designs. You can purchase patterns here and here. Head on over to Hopeful Threads to see what you could win by participating.



sew with heart 3 by Hopeful Threads, on Flickr







23 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling set Pam! :) I'll be sewing with that pattern this week too! My girls just put their orders in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - The skirt is so adorable..and you made just the cutest outfit for little girl..I love the flower applique on that top. You make me wish I had a girl. :)

    You have really inspired me to sew some clothes. May be I will start with an apron ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Sweet! lol!!! It's lovely.. I really need to get around to making some more skirts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I am always dreaming about making clothes and you just do it! I admire you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very cute.. love the matching shirt as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! I love the applique you made on the shirt. It matches the skirt very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great skirt Pam! and such a lovely idea to match up the top with the applique flowers!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! thank you for linking up to my linky party! Do you have a tutorial on how to do the applique. That is the one thing I really haven't figured out yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the floral fabric and the appliques turned out great. I'm getting ready to try the Hazel pattern this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! The skirt looks lovely as does the tshirt - I love this for a simple girls present idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely, very glad that you were able to join us at Pin'Inspiration Thursday.

    Happy new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this! I love the fabric you chose! And it looks great with the shirt! Fabulous job! I am so happy you share this @ Show & Share--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new to your blog and just wanted to say hi. I spent all day yesterday turning dresses into skirts. I am really enjoying your blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little outfit. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sweet, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday! the party is taking a break for december, and hope to see you back on the first Sunday in January!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to use the flowers as appliques, this makes such a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.