Monday 22 August 2011

Doll Stroller Liner...

I have since written a more comprehensive Doll Stroller Liner tutorial.

I'm not a big fan of plastic toys, however, a cheap little plastic stroller has been a big hit with the little ones in our family. It cost about $10 (Aus) and has been money well spent. The frame, although plastic, seems quite durable. The fabric lining was not so strong and needed to be replaced.

Back...
Seat...

I unpicked the old liner and used it as the pattern to cut the new fabric. I drew on the old material to indicate where I would need to attach the straps and sew the seams.

The original liner was just two pieces of material sewn together, with binding around the outside. To make it stronger this time, I decided to line the material. This simply meant cutting two of each piece and adding an extra bit to attach the liner to the stroller underneath the seat.

Finished...
D rings reused...

Pink, pink and more pink...
Lining for strength & looks neater...

        And now for a test run with the toys...






2 comments:

  1. Lovely way to freshen up a favourite toy! Great work!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this a few years ago, my daughter would always sit in hers and break it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and try to reply to all of them via email. If you don't receive an email reply from me, check back here.